Courtesy of the Los Alamos Daily Post.
Los Alamos Beer Cooperative Debuting at Ullr Fest. And we all have a very good reason to ride up Camp May Road tomorrow. Just make sure your descending skills are not compromised, ok?The Los Alamos Beer Cooperative [LABC] will be introduced at Ullr Fest, according to volunteer/founding member Steve Watts.
Watts is general manager of the Los Alamos Cooperative Market.
The LABC has begun a fundraising effort to raise $300,00 to $500,000 to establish a location for a taproom, buy brewing equipment and hire personnel for the LABC. Watts expects this process to take 12 to 48 months.
LABC lists the following anticipated benefits for joining the LABC:
- Discounted beer when the taproom opens,
- Free members-only pint glass to enjoy your favorite brew,
- Discounted beer education opportunities, beer dinners, beer tastings,
- Member appreciation and private tasting events
- Help choose and evolve the beers brewed,
- Voting power for Board of Directors and setting long term goals and policies,
- Run for a seat on the Board,
- Bragging rights and a chance to build and be part of something great,
- Patronage rebates—after the brewery and taproom are operational, the excess net savings of the business can be distributed back to the membership on the basis of patronage.
- More to come as the Beer Coop grows.