Friday, May 18, 2007

LA Bikes charter meeting: Wednesday June 6, 6pm

Bike to work day was great, but I'm going to pass the buck to Scott to blog about it. I'm holding a meeting on June 6 to create a group to represent county cyclists:

Hot on the heels of another successful Bike To Work Day, I am going to get in motion the Los Alamos County Cyclists Coalition. This group will plan future Bike To Work Days, and represent cyclists to county government and businesses. Think bike to work day, bike racks at the hospital and other businesses, more bike lanes, good access to trailheads, safe routes to school, stuff like that.


Please read the announcement for more details.

6 comments:

Scott said...

OK, consider the buck passed... I'll get a post up on Sunday!

Scott said...

OK Well it's Tuesday and it hasn't gotten done yet - I promise it's coming!

Anonymous said...

I'll share the road with you treehugging, Subaru owning, bicyclists when you learn to obey the traffic signals. Until then you will hear my horn blaring at you, and continue seeing my finger announcing that you are #1.

Anonymous said...

I'll share the road with you treehugging, Subaru owning, bicyclists when you learn to obey the traffic signals. Until then you will hear my horn blaring at you, and continue seeing my finger announcing that you are #1.

Scott said...

Anony June 2: I'll ignore your troll bait (as I hope everyone else will too) and simply say that I agree with you that many cyclists (as well as many motorists) still need to grow up and learn how to obey traffic signals.

PS: Can't resist: I don't own a Subaru anymore and, having hugged a few trees from the mountain bike, I cannot recommend it.

Unknown said...

Hey that's great news for those on here who don't own Subarus, or who don't hug trees, or who obey traffic signals. We all hope you stick to your promise.

Back to the topic on hand, is anyone actually interested in an LA Bikes group? The response to the email I sent out has been underwhelming.