Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Kalamazoo cycling community grieving after hit-and-run driver kills five, injures four.


Good grief. Just another form of mass murder.

Kalamazoo cycling community grieving after hit-and-run driver kills five, injures four.

Just a few comments from over at Maddogmedia

khal spencer Says:

Why don’t deadly drivers get as much press as the crazy guy with the AK-47? These cyclists are just as dead.

  • Patrick O'Grady Says:
    This one’s getting some traction, K. The NYT just picked it up. Ditto The Guardian. And the Chicago Tribune, which means The Los Angeles Times should have it directly.
  • Pat O'Brien Says:
    Lots of talking on gun control. No talking on truck control. Can’t win an election talking about cell phone bans. Not sexy enough I guess. Almost an instant replay of the murder by truck in Tucson a few months ago. It’s not my fault officer. My boss called my cell phone just as I was snorting some coke.
  • Patrick O'Grady Says:
    “You can have my iPhone when you pry it from my cold, dead thumbs!”
    Here in New Mexico The Fear® is a constant companion. Everybody texts, at least half of the texters are drunk, and a drunk driver can collect DUIs like a dead dog collects flies and it doesn’t seem to keep him or her from sliding behind the wheel with a tallboy and the old “smart” phone.
    Plus even the sober drivers couldn’t give a runny shit about traffic laws. “Aggressively bad” is the only way to describe them. Worst drivers I’ve ever seen, and I’ve lived in two countries, 11 states and 19 towns. There should be a no-bag-limit hunting season on the sonsabitches.

No comments: