Monday, September 25, 2017

First Fall Weekend

Continuing on the last post's topic, I almost got nailed twice by lousy drivers. In the morning, a young woman came careening down the street and didn't slow down as we crossed in a crosswalk with the dog, but instead sped around us missing by a few feet. For the lack of a baggie of dogshit...

Then a hiker almost turned left in front of me as I descended Camp May Road, stopping halfway as I maneuvered around his large car. People need to take safety seriously.

Otherwise, aside from a bit of wind on the first Sunday of fall, all was lovely.

Aspen starting to turn

To the top, with the "new" wheelset and a 12-28 cassette/compact crank

2 comments:

JerryM said...

Yes... nice start to fall. How are those fancy, "new" wheels doing on the Cannonball?

BTW... retirement has been good to me so far... going on 1 month :-)

Khal said...

They ride nice and fast but really stuff. They had me worried coming down Camp May Road because the bicycle was really stiff and twitchy.