Thursday, October 29, 2015

That Blue Line Just Got A Little Thinner

Since most of the bike related work I do up in LAC is in my T Board capacity, I'll post this here.

Albuquerque Police Officer Dan Webster, who was shot six times by a felon with a firearm last week, died this morning. Story in the Journal and New Mexican.

I sent this to Chief Gordon Eden:


Dear Chief Eden

The Journal and New Mexican have just reported that Officer Daniel Webster has died of his injuries. Please accept my deepest condolences and transmit them to his family and to your department.

Too often, we concentrate on the problems we have in institutions and overlook the good people working there, doing their best to make our institutions the best they can be. The world, and Albuquerque, will be worse off for the loss of Officer Webster. I've worked with a fair number of the police officers up here in my capacity as a Transportation Board Chair and board member in Los Alamos County, and cannot fathom the grief involved in seeing someone I worked with end up this way.

We have to keep this sort of senseless loss from happening again.


Khal Spencer

Scientist, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Vice-Chair, Los Alamos County Transportation Board
Resident, Los Alamos, NM
 

 






No comments: