Saturday, January 20, 2018

Annual Ride Your Age Day

Since I have a January birthday and since today was supposed to be warmer than the next couple weeks, I took advantage of the opportunity to do the old "ride my age in km". Even got in a couple extra km to bank for next year. The best news is my right shoulder didn't bother me at all. On long rides last summer it reminded me, bluntly, of its recent major rebuild.

By doing the Loop de Loops through Pajarito Acres and La Senda, adding that to the Bandelier Loop distance, and starting and finishing on N. Mesa, I could pile up a little more than the 64 clicks I needed.

Stay healthy and stay active!


3 comments:

B Lester said...

Liking the new masthead pic. Much more beautiful than my southern WI neighborhood. I I did the 60 k ride last b-day. My riding buddy wasn't up for miles. I'm gonna force the issue to get 61 miles this year. Keep up the great writing, K.

Steve A said...

How many centenarians ride their age? OTOH, many that are serious about road cycling ride more than double their age if they are under 50. Still, there is an "age sweet spot" where such an approach works well. Or were you talking about off-road mountain biking?

Khal said...

Who said I was serious?